About the role
As a Regulatory Accountant, you will ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements within the Platform Business Unit. It is your primary responsibility to monitor and analyse financial data to ensure accuracy, integrity, and adherence to relevant regulatory standards. The successful candidate will have exceptional analytical skills, a solid understanding of accounting and regulatory principles, and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure Accounting Procedures support the compliance processes of the company.
- Completion and submission of Annual Accounts promptly.
- Completion and submission of all indirect tax returns.
- Completion and submission of all direct tax returns.
- Coordination and submission of Regulatory Submissions to the relevant gambling authorities promptly.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including but not limited to tax regulations, financial reporting standards, and industry-specific regulations.
- Manage internal audits within the organisation.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in accounting regulations and industry-specific requirements, and ensure the organization’s accounting practices remain compliant.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including legal and operations, to address accounting-related inquiries.
- Coordinate and collaborate with corporate service providers, external auditors and tax authorities during audits and examinations.
- Support the Head of Finance with any ad hoc analysis and tasks as necessary.
- Professional experience in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Experience with any of the Big 4 and/or qualifications in Malta Institute of Taxation or a related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in the Gambling Industry is considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, regulations, and financial reporting standards.
- VAT and Local Tax Knowledge (Maltese) is mandatory.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory bodies and their reporting requirements is a plus.
- Proficient in financial analysis and data manipulation using spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What We Offer:
- Enjoy the best of both worlds with our hybrid work, which provides flexibility and freedom while maintaining a strong team Connection.
- Live a balanced and healthy lifestyle with the help of our wellness allowance.
- Enjoy delicious meals regularly with our office lunches and, socialize with your co-workers.
- Stay fuelled throughout the day with our regular breakfast snacks.
- Satisfy your cravings with our monthly Wolt credits, which can be used at a wide variety of restaurants.
- Along with private health insurance, we offer free eye-sight tests.
- Never stress about finding a parking spot again with our private parking options.
- Enjoy our employee-exclusive discounts around the island.